The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

GJHS 2024-25 StuCo election results

This year’s students voted a little differently than the past
Students participate in an assembly game run by StuCo. Next year, Addie Boss and Maycie Sinicki will be in charge of running these assemblies.

Grand Junction High School Student Council decided to shake things up during the 2024 student elections by using a Google form for students to vote

The StuCo election was held on April 4 during an all-school assembly in the auditorium. Students were able to access the Google Form by scanning a QR code. In past years, the election was done by paper ballots in the commons or library.

This year StuCo saw a dramatic increase with more people voting. In past years it was around 200 hundred students voted but this year it was more around 400. Lisa Moot, one of the teachers who helps advise StuCo reported that StuCo will continue to have elections done this way.

The winners of the election for the 2024-25 school year were: Dermot Lynch senior class president, Jack Welling junior class president, Blake Hawkins sophomore class president, and Addie Boss and Maycie Sinicki student body co-presidents. 

Hawkins said, “[StuCo] is a good experience to be able to get to know upperclassmen as an underclassmen and also meet new people along with planning events.”

StuCo plans and holds events for our school such as Homecoming, Winter Formal, Prom, and Springfest.