The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

New GJHS college and career advisor

A familiar name to many Junction students has taken the role
Paiten Brown
Jilleeann Warinner works in her office located in the GJHS library as the new college and career adviser.

Jilleeann Warinner, known to many students as a substitute teacher, is now the college and career advisor here at Grand Junction High School.

She has an office in the library. She helps students for life after high school.

“I love education. I always have and that’s something I know when I was in college. I got my degree in exercise science and I’m very academically and educationally minded,” said Warinner.

Reagan Jones is a GJHS senior that is taking CMU marketing. Warinner helps the class.

“She seems cool. She seems really approachable, which is nice,” said Jones.

Warinner was wanting to do something a little more, so she applied to be the GJHS college and career advisor. She has many goals she wants to accomplish.

“One of my goals was to talk to students to advise them and to help them understand the options that are out there for them. Again, like I said, life does not stop after high school. You do have to have plans, you have to have goals,” said Warinner.

She would love to be a listening ear for people who are concerned about things in the world. Warinner is excited to see students here at GJHS grow.