The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

Bathroom graffiti at GJHS

There’s been an unexpected rush of bathroom graffiti in the upper U
Eli Schultz
Recent graffiti has popped up in bathrooms around the school, particularly in the main building. Brett and Dave are a recent addition to the graffiti in the bathroom in the ground level boy’s bathroom.

Bathroom graffiti is at an all-time high this year at GJHS. 

Teachers are banding together to both help stop the defacement of bathrooms and also spread the word to students to help find whoever is responsible.

“[The graffiti] is ridiculous, immature, and causes good people like our custodian and Mrs. Cronk have to work harder,” said GJHS Vice Principal Heather O’Brien. 

Originally, O’Brien thought that it was one person vandalizing the bathrooms, as the handwriting in each case was similar. 

“I suspect the first couple of days were related and now we have copycat behavior,” O’Brien added. 

The graffiti isn’t the only thing that staff members are concerned about. 

“They are taking the (menstrual) products out of the dispensers and messing with those,” GJHS Vice Principal Josh Warinner said. 

So, what can students do? 

Teachers are pushing students to report the graffiti when they see it, so they can check the cameras and find the person responsible. Students can report the graffiti to teachers or the main office.