New GJHS building progress continues

The $144.5 million building continues to be on track to open Fall 2024

Maddy Parkhurst

Construction continues on the new three-story GHS building. Students and staff are now able to start to see the basic shape of the building come together. The building is set to be finished in time for classes Fall of 2024

Construction continues on the new three-story GHS building as the 2022-23 academic year comes to an end. The construction site has become part of everyday life for current students.

Outside walls are covering most of the beams that were visible. Workers are now applying sealants and insulations on the walls that have been put up. The building cost $144.5 million. (Maddy Parkhurst)
The side of the building that is facing the alleyway behind GJHS is still showing most of the framework as workers continue to apply layers to the walls. The final beam of the building was placed in March. (Maddy Parkhurst)
The new gym will have seating on three sides of the gym, this is a concept at GJHS where one of the sections will be behind one of the basketball hoops. There will also be an entrance on the first and second floor to the gym.
Teachers are now able to have tours of the new building since April in a group of ten. There will be a big open commons area by the entrance where students can look down from the second floor.