The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

GJHS jazz band swings into spring!

GJHS presents Spring Fest to end the year with celebration
Jazz I practicing for the Spring Fest during fourth hour, conducted by Issac Lavidi. The Spring Fest will take place in the commons area on May 10, from 7-10pm.

Grand Junction High School’s Jazz band is celebrating the end of the school year with their upcoming Spring Swing.

With the 2023-2024 school year coming to a close, many fun events are being planned to end the school year. The quickly approaching Spring Swing will be taking place after the Senior Farewell and will include the GJHS Jazz Band performing multiple songs. There will also be multiple different assets at the event including a dance floor.

“It’s just a fun event, like if you love music it’s a great way to hear some great people play, hang out with your friends, eat some food, we have vendors there usually, so you can like look at some pretty cool stuff,” said trumpet player Lee Marcus.

The Spring Fest takes place on May 10 from 7-9pm in the GJHS commons area with free admission, dancing, free desserts, concessions and polaroid photos. All are invited to join the celebration.