The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

GJHS finals week

Tigers prepare for the last week of the first semester
The+schedule+for+finals+week+consists+of+odd+exams+on+Wednesday+and+even+exams+on+Thursday.+Exam+days+end+at+2%3A30+on+these+days.+
The schedule for finals week consists of odd exams on Wednesday and even exams on Thursday. Exam days end at 2:30 on these days.

The first semester of the 2023-2024 school year will end with “finals week,” a four-day week from Dec.18-21 designed for classes to hold final exams.

Grand Junction High School finals week will be very different from the regular GJHS week. Lunch is planned to be 10 minutes longer and passing periods will be 10 minutes. Odd exams are on Wednesday and even exams are on Thursday. Exam days end at 2:30 p.m. on these days.

“I think things have been set in place for a long time. Teachers know what to do and students know what to do,” said GJHS English teacher Dan Schmalz.

Additionally, there will be an after-school Cookies and Cram study event for students. This will take place in the library on Tuesday after school from 3:30-5 p.m. Teachers will supervise the activity as students study for their finals.

“There are willing teachers and students who want their grades to go well, so I think the event will go well,” said Schmalz.

School will resume on Wednesday, Jan. 10. It will consist of only three days, all of which will be skinny days.