The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

GJ choir set for 25th anniversary holiday event

Choir students have a chance to perform and fundraise at Holiday Extravaganza
Paiten Brown
The GJHS choir holiday extravaganza is celebrating the event’s 25th anniversary.

Grand Junction High School’s choir department is hosting their 25th annual holiday extravaganza.

They will be holding four performances over the weekend of Dec. 14-16. It will be at the First Church of the Nazarene, located at the intersection of Patterson Road and 28 Road.

The shows on Thursday and Friday will be at 7 p.m. On Saturday, there will be shows at 1 p.m. and another at 7 p.m. Dessert and hot beverages will be provided at the event.

“I’ve been in choir for about 2-3 years. I’m pretty excited [about the extravaganza] because last year I was really nervous, but now I’m just excited. My favorite part is when we all sing Silent Night at the end of the concert,” said GJHS sophomore Madie Snell.

Tickets are available online by scanning the QR code on the choir’s posters or online at grandjunctionchoirs.square.site. They are $8 for students and $13 for adults. Tickets will also be available at the door.