The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

ALT entices GJHS students to get involved with Winter Punch Passes

Students can win prizes for attending events and completing passes
Miah Hines
GJHS Winter punch cards give a chance for many students to get a prize.

GJHS Advanced Leadership Team students created sport punch passes to help with attendance at sporting and other events. 

“If the attendance goes up, then we can see how that affects the game in a positive or negative way,” said ALT teacher Russell Gregory.

These punch passes were passed out during Academy classes on Wednesday, Dec. 6. 

“We have nine gift cards to Tiger Town and lunch places like Chick-Fil-A and Qdoba… our grand prize is Airpods,” Gregory added.

GJHS senior ALT member Emma Jensen was one of many people who helped create the punch passes. Emma Jensen stated that she thought that it would increase attendance and give the school a better sense of community. 

Students who attend sporting events should get a stamp upon entering by ticket sellers. Once a card is completed it can then be turned in to Gregory’s classroom.