The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

GJHS holding first annual letterman’s banquet

Banquet will be held at CMU to celebrate students
Grand+Junction+High+School+athletes+and+fine+arts+students+that+have+lettered+in+an+activity+are+invited+to+attend+the+new+Letterman%E2%80%99s+Banquet+on+Nov.+7+at+Colorado+Mesa+University.+
Grand Junction High School athletes and fine arts students that have lettered in an activity are invited to attend the new Letterman’s Banquet on Nov. 7 at Colorado Mesa University.

GJHS is holding the first annual Letterman’s Banquet for students who have earned a letter in athletics or fine arts.

The event will be held 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 7, in the CMU Ballroom.

“A lot of kids in the whole school and a lot of sports and people that have lettered; definitely a pretty cool tradition,” said GJHS junior cross country and track runner Bryce Flanagan.

Participants are allowed to bring two guests and are encouraged to dress semi-formally. Students are highly encouraged to display their letter in some way, such as a letterman jacket.  

“We’re looking at about 300 for this year, as far as every student being able to invite two guests,” said GJHS athletics director Steven Woytek. 

There will be a silent auction held to raise money for covering the cost to celebrate lettering students with their guests. 

Coaches will also be invited to attend.