The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

OPINION: The male and female bathrooms are having a major sanitation issue

The bathrooms at Grand Junction High School can barely be used because of the gross smell that it has, or that there are too many people in there.
Upper U bathrooms, while maintaining significantly less vandalism, are also accustom to loitering.

Grand Junction High School is facing a major sanitation issue in the bathrooms. Every student alike, from males to females, are all to blame for this disgusting smell and look in these bathrooms. 

The male bathroom reeks, I myself can’t even walk into the bathrooms without feeling sick. In the bathrooms, it always smells like pee, and there is always toilet paper on the floor. It’s always crowded in the bathroom. For the one and only time I went into the bathroom this year, there were close to maybe four to five people in there; they’re not even doing anything bathroom like, just talking, or ditching. 

Do you guys have some sort of attraction to the smell? Also, it’s just weird to hang out there. It not only makes people creeped out, it’s uncomfortable to try to do your own business because you are listening to someone’s family plans. 

From what I’ve heard from many people, there have been wrappers of sorts in the bathrooms, used or not. If you think it’s funny to lay those out, it’s truly not, it’s disturbing and gross. 

Also, why do people think it’s funny to smear poop everywhere? It goes from the stall to the wall. That is absolutely disgusting, for you to think to do that tells me a lot about you. You are a disgusting snob, and if you do think about doing that, it isn’t funny or cool so just don’t.

I’d like to be able to go into the bathroom in peace without people banging on the stalls, or talking. I would also like for people to not vape or smoke in there. If I already have to smell the disgusting smell of pee, I would rather it not be mixed with mango. 

With the ladies restrooms it is semi less worse than the males restrooms. Personally, I have walked into a bathroom with lady products all over the floor with toilet paper and writing on the stalls. 

Honestly I believe it is very disrespectful to deface property and it’s just immature. The janitors pick up all that stuff and the misuse of these products can lead to them taking away the free products for everyone. 

I believe people should keep public bathrooms how you keep your own: nice and clean.

Also I have seen multiple people go into the same stall for the worst reasons ever. It’s just weird and you’re just causing unnecessary problems for yourself. 

So please just be respectful and think about the consequences of your own actions and if you see anything, like vandalism, go to the main office and report it immediately because it’s the right thing to do. Also remember they will find out who does it, so don’t cause problems for yourself.  

View Comments (1)