The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

The Orange and Black Newspaper

GJHS boys golf team going to state

Tiger foursome won regional title at Bookcliff Country Club
GJHS+junior+Jack+Kaul+watches+his+shot+off+the+tee+at+Bookcliff+Country+Club+at+regionals+on+Sept.+20.+
Miah Hines
GJHS junior Jack Kaul watches his shot off the tee at Bookcliff Country Club at regionals on Sept. 20.

The Grand Junction High School boys golf team is going to state after winning regionals with an overall score of 232. 

The GJHS Boys Golf team won regionals at Bookcliff Country Club on Sept. 20 with the top four players being senior Maddox Lovato scoring 77, junior Ky Korte scoring a 77, junior Jack Kaul scoring 78, and sophomore Hunter Simmons scoring 86. The Tigers beat runners-up Denver South and Mullen by six shots.

The Tigers will play in the Class 4A state tournament on Monday, Oct. 2, and Tuesday, Oct. 3, at The Bridges Golf & Country Club in Montrose. It is a well known course by the team, which makes them confident.

“You know, I think if we put in two good days and play to our potential, it will get us through it,” said Korte. 

There will be 12 teams competing in the Class 4A state tournament.

“I am super excited, we as a team are just really excited to win state,” said Simmons.

All of boys golf team showing school spirit in the 2023 homecoming parade.