GJHS class of 2023 graduation

A new path begins for Tiger graduating class

Maddy Parkhurst

Grand Junction High School 2023 graduates get the chance to take photos on the front lawn of the school with the large “GJ” sign they will walk through at the graduation ceremony. The photo opportunity is a tradition for GJHS.

Seniors of Grand Junction High School are scheduled to graduate in Stocker Stadium at 6 p.m. on May 18. The counseling office reported 263 graduates.

In the afternoon of graduation day, a large wooden GJ sign was set up on the west lawn of GJHS. This sign brings an opportunity to congratulate the graduates and take pictures with the sign. 

Graduation practice was May 17. Graduation practice is required for the students participating in the graduation ceremony, according to a message sent to all seniors.

During graduation, students are not allowed to have water bottles on the field and instead should use the provided water under their field seat. No one is allowed to be on the field prior or during graduation except graduates and D51 staff members, but families can join their graduates on the field after the ceremony.

Family members in need of handicap seating for the graduation ceremony will be able to sit on the second floor breeze-way of Stocker Stadium; seating is limited to the person with the need plus one additional family member. Parking is limited, so it is advised that you plan accordingly and enter the stadium on the east or west side where you plan to sit. 

The graduation ceremony is scheduled to be live streamed on KKCO and Facebook, with links available on the District 51 website.