GJHS freshman production to be shown to public

“A Relentless Climb” is a film made by Cameron Kirkegaard that will be presented in support of Black History Month

Submitted Photo

GJHS freshman Cameron Kirkegaard, right, discusses his film “A Relentless Climb.”

“A Relentless Climb” is a multimedia presentation by GJHS freshman Cameron Kirkegaard that will be shown 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24.

A film produced by Cameron Kirkegaard, a freshman at Grand Junction High School, will be shown Friday, Feb. 24, at R-5 High School as part of Black History Month.

The film is called “A Relentless Climb,” about issues that Black Americans have experienced trying to gain social and economical rights in the past and present. 

The film started as a project for Kirkegaard in 8th grade to create a presentation on what an American citizen was. 

“I just decided to do a documentary and take it into the direction of a Black citizen and what it meant to be from different sources in the past,” said Kirkegaard. 

The film will be presented in the Harry Butler Board Room at 7 .m. and lasts about 32 minutes. 

A discussion about the film will be held afterwards with Kirkegaard and members of Black Citizens and Friends of Mesa County. The event is part of Black History Month.