Rushing Rivalries

Rivalry is what makes games great. Whenever Grand Junction High School takes on the teams around the valley there is always hype both on and off the court.

“I love being part of the student section during the basketball season because we are able to make the game intense with any team we play. When we do play our rivalries we amp up the intensity.” Bodin Wilson, junior at GJHS, said.

No matter who Junction plays the student section always shows up and are ready to bring on the chants. When we are down by quite a few or the referees make a bad call on the court the students tend to call out the referee or yell smart remarks to the opposing student section.

Normally when we have a game here at GJHS the student council think of a theme for the student sections at the game. They do a poll on twitter and the students themselves vote on which theme will be used for the game.

“We have a hard time choosing what our theme is when we do play our rivalries, but no matter what our theme is we know how to go out there and cheer on our tigers.” Kayli Plantiko, junior, said.

“Sometimes the intensity in the crowd is a bit too much because we begin to get frustrated at each other and say words we are not allowed to use. The games overall are great to attend because you get to have a lot of fun friends. I am excited for next year because the competition will tough and the level of intensity will rise.” Payton Wilder, junior, said.

No matter who we play here at GJHS the students know how to support our basketball and intimidate our opponents.