MasqueRave: The New and Improved Winter Formal

This year, instead of the Winter Formal, student council hosted the MasqueRave dance which was held on Febuary 25th at the Clarion Inn.

Many students appreciated this change and thought the MasqueRave was a success.

“I enjoyed it a lot,” Jaedyn Daugherty, junior, said.  “It was cool having it at a hotel rather than at Junction.”

The dance was held in the ballroom of the Clarion Inn with fun masquerade themed decorations. There was an edition of a sparkly background photo booth.

The DJ was a high school student. The music was fairly good, but many students thought the best music could have been more spaced out rather than played at the beginning.

Not as many students attended as they would to homecoming or prom, as expected, but there seemed to be a better turn out than for the Winter Formals in the past.

Left to right: Katie Carozza, Jessyca Winman, Tia Sewell

Last year, Winter Formal greatly lacked attendance. It had a student jazz band playing, everyone was swing dancing and it was held in a very small area of the east gym.

“I didn’t go [to Winter Formal] last year, but I went freshman year; this one was definitely better,” said Daugherty

Differences from the Winter Formal to MasqueRave included having a masquerade theme, being held at a hotel instead of the high school, having a photo booth rather than a photographer, and having a DJ play music rather than a jazz band.

Student council worked hard to improve this winter dance. Students seem to agree that this work payed off. The changes since last year were a definite success.