Senior Gift Serves a Greater Purpose for GJHS

Every year our seniors donate a gift to the new classes who attend GJHS. This year, our seniors built a canopy in front of the “U” building.

The purpose for this gift is so students can go here, and have alone time. The privacy allows students to have a quiet time to earn hope. The 2016-17 school year at GJHS has had many events happen, and the seniors thought they should put something to help students get through these tough times.

Some students gave their input on what they think about the senior gift.

“I think if you do not know what the significance of the gift is, or like what it’s there for, it seems pointless,” Jenna Greenlee, sophomore, said.

“At first, I didn’t know what it was. I didn’t even know it was the senior gift. If they would’ve put it on announcements, or said what it is meant for, more people would appreciate it,” Greenlee said. Greenlee was not the only one who was confused on what the gift was for along with, Jilleeann Warinner, junior, who was also confused on the gift.

“The thought of the gift is really nice, but I too, wasn’t sure what it was. I am not sure how many people will actually use it, but if they do, I hope it helps them if someone is having a tough time,” Warinner said.

The senior gift is made to help future classes based on what the seniors have been through in their high school years. Or what the senior class thinks future classes could use to make their high school experience the best four years of their lives.

The class of 2017, has donated a special gift that will be useful to students. Sometimes everyone needs to have alone time to recollect all of their thoughts. Thank you to the seniors, and student council for providing this gift for our students.