The student news site of Grand Junction High School

The Orange and Black Newspaper

One Acts

Kyley Lewis, Reporter

Our very own GJHS Drama club put on some amazing one act plays Thursday the 19th and Friday the 27th. Due to complications on Friday the 20th, the One Acts were moved to a week later, when the end results were revealed.

One Act plays are written, directed, and acted out by students here at GJHS. There were tons of amazing, original plays create by our very own students. Two plays, according to people who went, that stood out from the rest were plays from Sierra Packard and Mira Martin.

“This experience has taught me a lot about how theater and people work. I plan to go to college for acting and directing and I know this experience will help me a ton there,” Sierra Packard, senior, said.The One Act plays have taught the directors how to excel at producing an original and amazing production.

“Directing in the one acts has taught me to be a leader. Seeing the final product really made me feel that I had what it took to write and direct, and that was a great feeling,” Mira Martin, senior, said. The one act plays have helped a lot of its participants be confident in themselves and their productions.

Finally, the results were in. Clarissa Berry and her brother Null Berry got best supporting actor and actress. Keenan Clements got best actors. Lianah Starr got best script. Mira Martin got best overall show, and Sierra Packard received best actor and best director.
Congratulations to all the finalists and great job to all the directors and actors who made these plays amazing.